FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insufficient Resources warning

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Watt
Insufficient Resources warning
on Jan 3, 2015 at 7:22:11 pm

With the new version of Speedgrade CC 8.2 I'm getting this "Insufficient Resources" dialogue box as I'm grading a one hour program. This is project I opened from Premier Pro 8.2. I was about 8-10 minutes into the show when it first appeared telling me I had to restart Speedgrade to continue using GPU Enabled rendering.

The full message is "GPU-rendering disabled due to insufficient GPU resources. Relaunch Speedgrade to re-enable GPU rendering". When I relaunch speed grade the same message will often appear.

I've graded 20 or so hours of programming with Speedgrade and have never run into this before. anyone have an suggestions or ideas what going on here and how to fix it. I've also noticed with the new update that Speedgrade is "clunky" and not as responsive as it has been in the past.

Thx...Jim Watt

Mac Pro (Mid 2009)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6 core Intel Xeon
OSX 10.9.5
40 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram
Kona III video card
Quadro 4000 graphics card
Adobe CC 2014, 8.2
Speedgrade version: 8.2
Xserve Raid video drive plus 3 internal 2 TB 7200 RPM video drives

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

Jim Watt
Re: Insufficient Resources warning
on Jan 3, 2015 at 9:13:49 pm

So I struggled through with a painfully dysfunctional color correction/grading effort. i reopened the project in Premier Pro and what a surprise I found. the entire 1080/29.97i program had been turned into a 4;3 format with pillar bars and magnified at least 50% within the bars.

Wow! Never expected that!

I have no clue what's going on, but sure would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Of course I have another copy of the program, ungraded, but now I guess I'll CC with Tools in PP. Don't have time to relearn Resolve for this program anyway.

FYI I deleted and reinstalled the program, which didn't change anything.

Thanks...Jim Watt

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Jan 4, 2015 at 6:16:44 am

Clearly replied to you over on the Adobe forum ... still curious if this was a Direct-to-Speedgrade or "DL" link process, or if you used an EDL or something. As I noted there, in a couple years of active work with SpeedGrade and forth & back twixt PrPro, and very active participation on the Adobe Sg forum, I've never heard of this ... so if this was during a DL workflow, it's a weird and nasty bug.

When suspecting a problem with one of the Adobe programs, it is HIGHLY recommended to use the Adobe CC Cleaner app to delete the program and its various preference/cache/database files to make sure any oddities are eliminated, as not doing so can oft get one right back to the same spot.

The instructions for that say to use your OS to uninstall the particular program ... but when my CC app and SpeedGrade stopped playing nice together I found the way I had to proceed was to skip the system's program uninstall and have the CC Cleaner app do everything, and it worked perfectly. Took a couple minutes, then downloaded a fresh copy of both the main CC app and from that, a fresh copy of Sg. Took maybe 20 minutes total.

Neil

Return to posts index

Jeff Smith
on Feb 26, 2015 at 7:29:10 pm

I turned off an adjustment layer in PP that contained an Unsharp Mask. The my DL to SG worked properly.

iMac 27" i7 3.4 (late 2012)
32GB RAM
1TB Fusion
OSX 10.10.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]