FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to copy/save/duplicate just one primary?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Frey
Any way to copy/save/duplicate just one primary?
on Jan 2, 2015 at 8:35:36 am

I am aware that I can save entire looks, which can be helpful. I am also a big fan of the new "Master Clip" feature, which will be a big time saver in the future.

What I am looking for is a way to work with just one (or multiple, but specific) layer. I would like to be able to copy that layer to other clips, or save it for later use. Is this possible? Am I missing something?

There are many instances where I would love this sort of functionality, but right now I am just trying to save a generic vignette that I am tired of creating over and over again. I would like to be able to call it up and apply it on top of other layers on a shot.

I have a hard time tracking down info on small details like this for SpeedGrade online. It seems most resources out there are for the "getting started with SpeedGrade" crowd.

Thanks to anyone who reads this, and happy new year!

http://www.tyfrey.com
Documentary-Sports-Culture

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: Any way to copy/save/duplicate just one primary?
on Jan 3, 2015 at 7:46:38 am

If you're wanting to copy what you've done on one clip to another, you can using a numeric keypad easily ... if you've got clip 3 selected, and hit 2 on the keyboard, you'll copy from 2 clips BEFORE ... hit -2, you'll copy from 2 clips past the selected one. I believe this copies the entire work on a clip, not just selected layers.

There is a terrible lack of documentation on Sg ... last year at NAB, I was talking with several long-time major users ... and they'd constantly surprise each other with how you could do X ... from several different directions. These are people that have made this program stand up on its head professionally for years ... and were unaware of some of the ways of doing things!

That said, lynda-dot-com has really the best tut's on it I've seen, though here and a couple other sites have some useful ones also.

Neil

Return to posts index

Ty Frey
on Jan 5, 2015 at 12:04:03 am

That's a great workaround, thanks!

Yeah, it's funny how hard it is to find professional-level info for power users. Then again, that seems to be pretty characteristic of the color world in general. I use a Tangent wave panel to grade in SG, and emailed both Adobe and Tangent Devices asking what the keypad buttons do (they seem to do things, but I have no idea what). They both gave me the same answer - which was essentially, "we don't know." Haha. It's a pretty niche community, and a much smaller market for Adobe to cater to, so I guess I understand. Maybe a Lynda subscription is in my future.

Cheers!

http://www.tyfrey.com
Documentary-Sports-Culture

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Jan 8, 2015 at 7:49:57 am

Lynda is your Friend!

At least, it's been that way for me. Learn vastly more usable stuff quicker there than anywhere else ...

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]