FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade: multiple black horizontal lines in waveform and RGB Parade displays - is this normal???

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Natteau
Speedgrade: multiple black horizontal lines in waveform and RGB Parade displays - is this normal???
on Dec 8, 2014 at 2:50:46 pm
Last Edited By Nicholas Natteau on Dec 8, 2014 at 2:56:07 pm

In Speedgrade, my waveform display and above all my RGB Parade show multiple horizontal black lines.
I haven't seen scopes behave like this in other programs like Resolve, FCP X, or Premiere. Could this be a bug or is it just the way the scopes behave in Speedgrade?

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
Re: Speedgrade: multiple black horizontal lines in waveform and RGB Parade displays - is this normal???
on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:37:14 am

Yep. Did you notice how they tend to match the numbers on the sides? They're a design feature, a graticule sort of thing.

Neil

Return to posts index

Danny Thompson
Re: Speedgrade: multiple black horizontal lines in waveform and RGB Parade displays - is this normal???
on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:19:20 am

Wrong. Speedgrade is improperly scaling the values for display on the scope post-adjustment.

Unsure of any solution but it's definitely not a design feature, it's just a crappy looking scope.

Studio - eMac G4, 256mb ram, Final Cut DV
Mobile - IBM R50, 1024mb ram, 80gb Hitachi Travelstar ATA133 7200rpm hard drive

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Dec 20, 2014 at 8:36:46 pm

Not seeing this as an improper scaling problem, as I think of scaling as looking at the total top-to-bottom DR, is that wrong?

I don't get any difference on my clips between the shown scopes in Sg, PrPro, or Ae ... but then, I don't have an external scope system either.

On my system, all the little black ... bars? ... seem to line up precisely with the gradient markers on the sides. Which has the effect of giving essentially a reference line across them ...

Neil

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Dec 20, 2014 at 8:38:29 pm

But to be clear, always looking to learn. Love new data ...

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]