FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video not showing up with Direct Link from Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Neel
Video not showing up with Direct Link from Premiere
on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:52:39 pm

Hello all

I have a question that probably has a very basic answer (or so I hope). I just upgraded speedgrade cc with the October update. I was very happy with the last version and had a good grasp on work flow, what it could handle, how to integrate with premiere, etc

However, on the new one I am having a very basic problem. When I do direct link to speedgrade the video is not showing up for my timeline (same with the vectorscope). I tried poking around with settings but haven't found anything that helps. And then sometimes when I do direct link to speedgrade the video is there.

What is going on? Any ideas?

Thanks
Michael

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: Video not showing up with Direct Link from Premiere
on Nov 1, 2014 at 5:48:10 pm

I had this problem right after the new release on my MBPr and 2013 iMac. Could DL from PPro to SG just fine, but the DL back to PPro would not show picture. Sometimes the window was blank sometimes it had the gold unrendered (or whatever) graphic. I could highlight the clips and the new Lumetri effect would be present in the Effects tab, but no picture in the program window.

My solution was to quit out of SG and the picture would appear.

Since then there have been issues with Keychain in Mavericks (10.9.5) and the first push of Yosemite that have led me to a complete uninstall/reinstall of CC and Yosemite on the MBP. Everything works as advertised now.

Problem on the iMac went away with upgrade to Yosemite.

Return to posts index

Michael Neel
on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:30:05 pm

Thanks for responding, Paul.

In re-reading my post, I don't think I described it well. I'm actually having the opposite problem - when I send a project from premiere to speedgrade via direct link, there is no video screen at all. All of the clips are there and so are any looks or corrections I've already made in previous speedgrade sessions, but there is no video screen (or vectorscope/histogram). I have to quit speedgrade (usually force quit since it will stop responding) and then do it again. It usually works the next time.

It's pretty stressful though, because of course I have a big deadline coming up and this is the worst possible time for this to happen. If I was just messing around with the program and had no deadline, this issue wouldn't appear at all. ;)

I forgot to include my system info last time:

iMac
OS X 10.7.3
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
No Mercury Playback Engine

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Nov 3, 2014 at 8:40:20 pm

Well, you're really asking a lot of your computer there. Especially the lack of a CUDA card with at least a GB of ram. I'm guessing that's a quad-core, but even then the i5 doesn't hyperthread all of which I think would impact performance.

Yeah, I got that you were having the problem in SG first I'm just betting the same kinda bug exists going both ways. I was frankly surprised that it only ever popped up on the return and never on the initial send. Have you tried just sending the simplest of timelines? Like one clip no audio. Same deal?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]