FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade takes forever to load premiere project, then crashes as soon as it is open... every time.

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Ahston
Speedgrade takes forever to load premiere project, then crashes as soon as it is open... every time.
on Jun 30, 2014 at 7:57:02 am

I have a premiere project that I want to grade in speedgrade. I'm using a new macbook pro, everything updated. But the same thing happens every time that I try to open my premiere pro sequence in speedgrade. It takes forever to load before I get to choose a timeline from the project. About 2-3 seconds after loading the timeline the program crashes. Many who has reported a similar problem have fixed it by updating FX factory. I didn't have FX factory. I do now, and it is updated, but that hasn't made any difference. Then I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I'm editing in prores, so I tried to load a h264 project, but that made no difference either.

So before I give up on speedgrade and it's very clever –but seemingly useless– link to premiere, I'd like to see if someone on this forum might have a clever idea about this. And if not, is there any good plugins for premiere that I could use instead. I like the three-way colorcorrector, but I still miss the option to adjust the whitebalance.

Oh, another strange thing. The speedgrade program window only works on the laptop monitor. When I move the window to my external monitor, it goes blank, until I move it back to the laptop monitor???

Return to posts index

Hooban Meyer
Re: Speedgrade takes forever to load premiere project, then crashes as soon as it is open... every time.
on Jul 15, 2014 at 11:29:00 pm

Hey Andreas,

I don't know if you ever found a good solution for this. I just started using Speedgrade CC 2014 and have run into similar problems. I'm using a PC (Windows 7) with an Nvidia card. I use direct link from Premiere, open up Speedgrade and do some work. Eventually Speedgrade will slow way down if not crash "not responding". When I exit and re-open the project it will take several minutes to load. Usually it will allow me a couple of clicks in the timeline and once again crash.

I don't have FX Factory so that is not a conflict. The only work around I've found is to switch my settings to stop using my GPU temporarily. Of course Speedgrade then runs so slow that it's almost unusable, but it at least allows me to work without crashing. Then I switch back to the GPU, restart the program and Speedgrade will usually run smoothly for a little while (on the GPU) until eventually it doesn't and I have to go through those steps again.

Any other ideas? It's a shame because I really like the suite and I love the direct link.

Thanks to anyone with advice.

Return to posts index

Andreas Ahston
Re: Speedgrade takes forever to load premiere project, then crashes as soon as it is open... every time.
on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:58:27 am

Hi Hooban

I'm sorry to tell you that I've found no solution. Neither have I found any comment on the issue from adobe anywhere. I decided to use Davinci lite instead. I can recommend that.

Return to posts index

Rev Johnson
on Jul 22, 2014 at 4:10:24 pm

Since the update, it has crashed on me continuously. None of my projects will open when round-tripping from Premiere CC on my Macbook Pro 2013.

Adobe: FIX THIS.

Return to posts index

John Walton
on Jul 26, 2014 at 4:30:34 pm

Happens to me, too. VERY VERY frustrating...not to mention the project I need to get graded and finished!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 11, 2014 at 1:46:22 am

Same here. It used to work. After the latest round of Adobe updates, neither SpeedGrade CC nor SpeedGrade CC 2014 work. Crashes upon opening, whether sent from Premiere Pro or opened directly.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:21:45 am

I got SpeedGrade working again. I uninstalled all old versions of the CC apps (leaving only CC 2014). Then I uninstalled SG CC 2014 including the preferences. Then I reinstalled. This worked.

One hiccup. When I uninstalled AE, it took out all of the third-party plug-ins. Apparently both the CC and CC 2014 plug-ins are in the Mediacore 7.0 folder, so uninstalling AE CC also removes the plug-ins from AE CC 2014 and PProCC 2014. Fortunately I was able to copy them back from my TimeMachine back-up drive. All appears to be working again now.

It’s quite possible that only removing SpeedGrade (with the preferences) and reinstalling would have fixed it. I did the uninstall/reinstall routine the other night and it didn't fix it then, but I think I had left the preferences in tact. Quite possibly there was some corruption there.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]