FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone tried the new Speedgrade CC 2014?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Reichman
Has anyone tried the new Speedgrade CC 2014?
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:08:34 pm

I won't upgrade for a week or two (finishing a project, and I never upgrade anything during a project, plus I don't want to upgrade right away in case there are any really significant bugs). But I'm awfully curious: how much better is Direct Link? Are project opening times shorter? Are the weird glitches with masks less frequent? What are your impressions generally?

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
Re: Has anyone tried the new Speedgrade CC 2014?
on Jun 22, 2014 at 1:25:33 pm

At the moment I cannot get it to start on my Mac. I had an issue where most of the CC 2014 apps would not start or were taking forever to start. I found that you have to change the permissions on the [drive]/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/ to be R/W for everyone. This fixed that issue but at the moment Speedgrade starts and I just see the load bar going back an fourth and nothing else.

Something else to debug........

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: Has anyone tried the new Speedgrade CC 2014?
on Jun 26, 2014 at 2:52:26 pm

Performance is much better when opening Speedgrade from Premiere, grading and bouncing back to Premiere - at least on the Mac.
Also playback performance with Looks in Premiere is much much better. But we do have a problem when turning on GPU acceleration (both Cuda and OpenGL) with a GTX680 in a MacPro 2009 - performance is much worse with GPU acceleration enabled!

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]