FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade 7.2.1-direct link-GPU-real time color updates?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Savage
Speedgrade 7.2.1-direct link-GPU-real time color updates?
on Apr 25, 2014 at 7:40:33 am

Hello,

Adobe says that SpeedGrade 7.2.1 now takes advantage of the GPU when Direct Linking a sequence out of Premiere.

Questions:

1. Does this mean I should see color corrections update in real time in my scopes and monitors the same way I see real time color updates in a native ircp SpeedGrade project?

2. I have a Black Magic DeckLink 4K Extreme card. Can SpeedGrade use my 4K card, or handshake with Mercury Transmit, so that I can get either an HDMI or SDI video signal output to my monitor?

3. I notice that for Premiere, adobe officially certifies GTX 690 for windows, and GTX 680 for Mac. Does this mean GTX 690 is not supported for Mac?

4. I tried right clicking on the SpeedGrade app, opening packet contents, and adding gtx 690 into cuda approved card list. That didn't seem to help. I did not try to amend the Open CL card list document, would that help?

Here is my system config:

Mac Pro Tower Early 2009
2 x 2.66 6-core Intel Xeon
48GB RAM 1333 DDR3

Cards:

Mac system report says all three of these are GPUs, however, my tech guy says the 640 is for GUI.

1. NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (slot 2)
2. NVIDIA GeForce GT 690 (PCI Lane width x16)
3. NVIDIA GeForce GT 690 (PCI Lane width x16)

Cuda driver 6.0.37

Media storage is a raided 9TB serial ATA, about 300mbs read and write. Hard drive is even faster.

Adobe if you are listening, I'm trying to add SpeedGrade to my tool belt, especially since you did such a good job integrating the Tangent Element. The whole point of using SpeedGrade, as opposed to Resolve, is that the Premiere sequence links. I have access to everything, except AE comps.

Return to posts index

Ernest Savage
Re: Speedgrade 7.2.1-direct link-GPU-real time color updates?
on Apr 25, 2014 at 10:49:10 pm

Success.

So Speedgrade 7.2.1, on a Z800 with old Quadro 4000 with the latest performance driver, windows 7 64 bit, allows real time color updates in the scope.

Now on to HDMI out to monitor.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Speedgrade 7.2.1-direct link-GPU-real time color updates?
on Apr 27, 2014 at 2:27:37 am

Don't waste any time on that battle. BMD cards aren't supported.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]