FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speedgrade display via BlackMagic Cards???

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Speedgrade display via BlackMagic Cards???
on Apr 19, 2014 at 12:46:39 am

Does anyone know if BlackMagic I/O cards yet support Speedgrade monitoring, or if not now, will they ever? It has been rumored a solution has been in the works since January.

TIA,
DRW

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Speedgrade display via BlackMagic Cards???
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:48:16 am

I don't believe they do. Was hoping there'd be some NAB announcement or something. But since you can't see video on the desktop when it's going out to the card (WTH?) it's of little use anyway.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 1, 2014 at 4:32:49 am

[Bret Williams] "But since you can't see video on the desktop when it's going out to the card (WTH?) it's of little use anyway."

Why is that such a big deal? When I am grading, I only look at the video on the broadcast monitor anyway. The GUI monitors in most NLEs and grading apps are not accurate. If I need to work with a mask in the GUI, I just toggle the external video off temporarily. Admittedly, it would be more convenient if both were always active, but functionally, its not much of a problem for me.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on May 7, 2014 at 4:14:58 pm

[John Pale] "Why is that such a big deal?"

All the other color correction apps do it the proper way.
and the masking toggle as you mentioned.

I doubt black magic will ever enable transmit with SpeedGrade.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 16, 2014 at 2:45:02 pm

That would be silly of them. They're out to sell hardware. If you're not going to buy a $1000 copy of resolve, you're not going to buy a $1000 copy of resolve. Might as well sell the hardware. Are they going to quit selling hardware for premiere and final cut just because resolve is an editor too? Let's hope not. I understand they don't want to let you use AJA or Matrox on Resolve. Especially since they're giving away the lite version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]