FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loading MTS Clips

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Jennings
Loading MTS Clips
on Feb 1, 2014 at 12:30:07 am
Last Edited By Rob Jennings on Feb 1, 2014 at 12:50:06 am

I'm working on color correction for a documentary shot in .mts format. Looks like Speedgrade doesn't recognize .mts. What would be the best workflow for getting these clips into a speedgrade project?

Return to posts index

Erik Swanson
Re: Loading MTS Clips
on Feb 6, 2014 at 5:42:13 am

Hey Rob,
I have worked with .mts files in speedgrade cc. Importing directly within speedgrade does not seem to work, but if you directlink from premiere pro cc your files should come into speedgrade without a problem.

Return to posts index

Kerin Sharma
on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:10:22 pm

However, there are some disadvantages of direct linking your project to speedgrade. It take a lot of horsepower and is more prone to crash.
There is a method I developed. what I do is on the timeline above my video I create an adjustment layer and make identical edits on them as the main video edit. After that I copy and pate the adjustment layer to a new timeline and then go back to the original timeline and export a Prores or DHXhd version of the film in highest quality.
Then import that video in that new timeline where I copied the adjustment layer. Now I direct link this timeline to speedgrade instead. After I am done CC i just copy the adjustment layer to the original timeline.

let me know if you have anymore questions

Kerin Sharma
Colorist|Color Grader
Web: http://www.sharmakeirn.com
Email: sharmakerin@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave Andrade
on Jul 18, 2014 at 1:25:11 am

Kerin, I understood what you said, but I don't understand your logic behind it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]