FORUMS: list search recent posts

Arriraw render issues stating timecode error?

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Dempster
Arriraw render issues stating timecode error?
on Jan 23, 2014 at 7:02:55 pm

ARRIRAW files open in SpeedgradeCC browser, generate previews, load into a timeline, scrub through the clips, and lets me apply grades. What it WON'T let me do is render them out!
I have tried many different render settings, and the same results = Rendering completes lightening-fast, and I get a mov file that is a static gradient window with the text "A file with time code [insert timecode here] could not be found. Error opening file." (see image below)
I tried changing the "time code source" settings in the render settings and that changed nothing. I even tried on two different computers... same result!
Please help! I'm at a total loss! What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
Re: Arriraw render issues stating timecode error?
on Jan 27, 2014 at 2:31:24 pm

Are you mixing drop frame timeline and non-drop footage?

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator
http://www.ilovehue.net

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

Susan Dempster
Re: Arriraw render issues stating timecode error?
on Jan 27, 2014 at 3:08:21 pm

Hi Mathieu,

The footage is non-drop, and it appears that my timeline is also non-drop.

The strange thing is that if I create a PPro project, then direct-link to SG, I can go back to PPro and export out fine with either PPro or AME. If I create an EDL in PPro and open that in SG, I get "Reel Not Loaded" error in the Preview. Perhaps I have set something up wrong in SG? Although, I have been able to render out similar ARRIRAW files directly from SG CC in the past...

BTW, I'm using creative cloud (all updates current) and I'm on a 12 core mac pro.

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]