FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible results with Direct Link

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Terrible results with Direct Link
on Nov 29, 2013 at 9:41:20 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Nov 29, 2013 at 10:42:24 pm

I did a quick test with Philip Bloom's "Hiding Place" video. This is ProRes 25fps 1920x816. I've placed it into a 1920x1080 sequence. It uses a low-contrast gamma profile - BMD Film, I think.

When I send the sequence from Premiere Pro CC to SpeedGrade CC via Direct Link, it took a restart before SG would open. Otherwise it just hung on the splash screen. Once inside SpeedGrade CC, the user interaction was slow. This seems to be a function of the Direct Link, because if you just work with SG directly, it's faster.

Some of the settings applied were very flaky. When I would adjust a slider or color wheel, the effect was there and then, when I let go of the mouse, it reverted to the previous look, although the slider or wheel position didn't change. I applied one LUT layer for the BMC and another primary layer where I did the adjustments. The results were fine in SG. After sending this back to Premiere, the grade was yellow in Premiere Pro CC. Based on this testing, it seems completely messed up and useless. (See image.)

EDIT: After doing some more testing, it appears that the LUT is causing the color issue. Remove the LUT layer and the roundtrip is OK.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Terrible results with Direct Link
on Nov 30, 2013 at 3:03:37 am

Evidently any grade that involves a LUT causes an incorrect appearance back in Premiere Pro CC. Using a filter layer, but with a filter other than a LUT, seems to be OK.

Responsiveness within SpeedGrade CC is still very sub-par.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]