FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing a clip

COW Forums : Adobe SpeedGrade

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory ORear
Replacing a clip
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:01:27 pm
Last Edited By Rory ORear on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:02:13 pm

HI, I have Speedgrade CS6, and it's driving me crazy that I can't figure out a way to effectively replace one clip with another one in the program. All I want is to import a clip and drop it into the timeline.

I am coloring a sequence that was sent from Premiere so it is currently working with DPX files, so I would need to be able to take the clip I am trying to import, convert it to DPX and then import it into Speegrade right? Because right now when I select the clip in the desktop view, and press the plus sign it just imports it as apple prores 444 (the native codec of the clip), rather than convert it to DPX. How does one do that?

Sorry, I'm a bit new to speedgrade so I apologize if this is a really rudimentary question, but I can't find the answer anywhere!

Return to posts index

Rory ORear
Re: Replacing a clip
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:37:50 pm

UPDATE: found a way to do it, in the most ridiculously convoluted way possible. I take the clip from premiere, "send" it to speedgrade. But then quit and just import the DPX into my existing speedgrade project. Great.

Here's the problem though: how the heck do I insert it into my timeline without throwing everything out of whack? Everytime I do it, it somehow inexplicably shuffles everything around so none of my grades line up with my shots anymore. I can't figure out what's going on and it's infuriating. I've wasted about 4 hours trying to place a shot in a timeline now and I am tearing my hair out...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]