FORUMS: list search recent posts

To be clearer...

COW Forums : Syntheyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Miller
To be clearer...
on Sep 13, 2016 at 12:08:50 am

I have Syntheyes for Windows, bought it before I bought a Mac. Now I have a Mac, plus After Effects and Blender. But I don't want to buy a Mac version of Syntheyes.

I think I read somewhere that after you process a shot in Syntheyes, you can save the tracking data and then transfer it to a different OS and apply it to that shot on a different computer.

Is this actually possible?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

brian morse
Re: To be clearer...
on Sep 14, 2016 at 9:17:32 pm

Yes you can save out which ever format it is that you need, AE or Blender, and use it on a mac.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 14, 2016 at 10:22:54 pm

Thank you very much, Brian. :)

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 17, 2016 at 4:15:39 am

Not to be a pest, (although I probably am being one, sorry), can you direct me to a tutorial or something that shows specifically how to do that, Brian?

Thanks for your help.

Jim.

Return to posts index

brian morse
on Sep 19, 2016 at 7:18:12 pm

Check out the Syntheyes site they have a ton of tutorials and info or you can check out tutorials on Lynda.com and places like that.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 19, 2016 at 9:20:58 pm

Yes, I have checked out the site, Brian, plus looked for youtube tutes about Syntheyes, but I wanted to pin it down to that specific function in Syntheyes, and so far none of the tutes I've found have specifically addressed migration of tracking data to different computer operating systems. I must be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks anyway, Brian. I'll have to persevere.

Cheers,
Jim.

Return to posts index

brian morse
on Sep 19, 2016 at 9:42:20 pm

If you export, say an AE file, from Syntheyes on your PC you should be able to send that file to your mac and open it in AE on your MAC.

The AE file should be universal, mac or PC. I don't have a PC to check it but a couple of years ago that's how it worked.

If that's not working I'm sorry I couldn't help you out.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Sep 20, 2016 at 5:33:15 am

Not to worry, Brian. Best way for me to remember something is to do it by trial and error anyway.

Cheers.
Jim.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]