Scale issues between Syntheyes and Maya

COW Forums : Syntheyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duca Simone Luchini
on Aug 9, 2015 at 9:03:03 am

Hi everybody,
when I export a Maya ascii file from Syntheys to Maya. I always have scale issues.
There is a simple way to say to Syntheys Maya ascii exporter that my Maya scene is in e.g. centimetres, or meters in the way to have a correct scale tracker in Maya? Many thanks for a reply!

Return to posts index

brian morse
Re: Scale issues between Syntheyes and Maya
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:10:38 pm

If you set the preferences in both Syntheses and Maya to be the same it should be the same scale

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Aug 19, 2015 at 6:41:34 am

Hi Brian,
It's a real pleasure to meet you. I followed your recent Syntheyes Linda course: great job! (It would be nice to talk about it, in future...)

In this case, I didn't understand how to set up preference in Syntheyes: I mean, using C4D, if you import python script create in Syntheyes for c4d, You don't have any problem, regardless of the scale... In the Perspective view in C4d you can see pretty good your scene.

Using Maya, I can of course set the Maya scene in Meters but in Syntheyes? How can I set scene scale?

Return to posts index

brian morse
on Aug 19, 2015 at 2:39:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words. If you watch the preferences video in the Lynda course I do talk about the export units there.

But to answer your question if you go to preferences then to save/export in the top left drop down hit the page down button to the right of that dropdown menu you will see Export units and you can match your scene units there. Can be a little tricky to find if your not familiar with Syntheyes. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Aug 20, 2015 at 6:32:53 am

Hi Brian,
now I've seen what you mean. Great. I had always in Sytnheyes meter as unit and checking whit the same meters unit scale in C4d and Maya, I noticed that in Maya you have to scale down the Camera imported from Syntheyes to have a comfortable vision in persp view. I c4d you have only te set scene in meters and import py script: and all is perfect in all views canvas.

Okay, many thanks and see you soon... I have still many questions...

:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]