FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add post-production scoreboard bug to video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kamler
Add post-production scoreboard bug to video
on Mar 29, 2019 at 12:59:21 am

Hey all, I'm a very amateur video maker and have taken it upon myself to document this season's high school baseball games. I have been editing in Sony Vegas/Magix Vegas for years and am comfortable enough to take 3 cameras and put them into one video overlay over the course of an entire game.

What I'd like to do now is overlay a scoreboard bug without creating each JPG. Here's what I have at my disposal. When I wirecast live, I use a product called live-score-app that generates the below scoreboard bug. However, I do not broadcast live very often, and want the same experience post-production.

I am using VEGAS Pro 16 as well.

I haven't found a third-party product that I could import into Vegas as a live feed, and this live-score app wants $800 to export to individual JPG's which seems excessive...until I tried to create each myself, then drag into the timeline over the course of a 2 hour game.

Anyway - any ideas would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Add post-production scoreboard bug to video
on Apr 4, 2019 at 7:42:52 pm

Vegas must have a character generator in it, right? Why not have *one* master of the background for those scores, as a re-usable blank, then you just overlay score numbers above that, from the character generator you already have? You would be able to copy/paste from a "template" of pre-positioned score digits.

Another way to go is to use photoshop or even powerpoint as an external graphics source. Both offer templates and the ability to cut-copy-paste between versions. You can give those backgrounds keyable colors and chromakey them out in Vegas. Powerpoint would offer you a little bit of animation as well, if that appeals.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]