FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrablock and Mac OS High Sierra

COW Forums : Facilis Technology

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Perchert
Terrablock and Mac OS High Sierra
on Oct 23, 2018 at 4:47:07 pm

Had to upgrade from Yosemite in order to upgrade Adobe CC. Ended up at High Sierra, since that's where several of our Apple stations are at. Discovered something that a coworker already had issues with using High Sierra. Occasionally, connection to server will freeze for about 30 seconds. This happens with a couple of our Windows shares on the network as well. I've searched online and found a solution of turning off packet signing. Apparently, I need packet signing for a couple of our network shares. So, my question is, does the Facilis Terrablock server use SMB packet signing? Not sure why it would, but so far I haven't come up with another reason why this happens. And does anyone know if Mojave would take care of this? I'm guessing no, but hoping for better response.
Thanks!
TC

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Terrablock and Mac OS High Sierra
on Oct 23, 2018 at 5:54:52 pm

What version on server and on client? Ethernet or Fibre connected? I believe you'll need to be on a certain version and definitely have the correct manager or console installed for High Sierra - we required a special client version for High Sierra that was different from El Capitan. I also believe they are both the same version for us starting with version 7.1.0 --- the latest version is at least 7.1.1 right now, maybe higher.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Terrablock and Mac OS High Sierra
on Oct 23, 2018 at 8:51:37 pm

Sorry, should have put that in my question. Server and client are both 7.1.0.
I want to say it's a 10G fiber connected to MacPro (Late 2013). Network connection says Thunderbolt Ethernet.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]