APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX P2 importing failure

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Davis
FCPX P2 importing failure
on Mar 7, 2012 at 3:17:20 pm

FCPX 10.0.3 is not importing some P2 clips .... all clips play back fine on the camera and even tried to repair clips it said nothing to repair .....

I go from Import from camera > open archive > select all the clips ( all clips play fine in here) > import > then I get a Import Failed box "the following clip encountered an error during import and is still referencing media on the camera: .... some clips import others get the import failed message

I tried importing form P2 card direct as well as the main and back up drives

Any ideas ....

Thanks in Advance
Dan

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX P2 importing failure
on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:09:30 pm

Hi, Dan.

I haven't seen this before, but is it just particular clips or is it all the cards on that clip?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jamal Watts
on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:27:46 pm

Was the footage slow motion? If so... http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/8900

Return to posts index

Dan Davis
on Mar 8, 2012 at 9:46:20 pm

It happened to just some of the clips on the p2 card not all of them .... and It was not slow motion.

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:10:30 am

The same is happening to me. I switched to another Mac with FCP X. Same problem. I tried it with FCP 7 Log and Transfer, no problem with the import here. The P2 files from the camera are ok.
Huh, my first FCP X problem and I am now on a three day event meeting edit. Can import with FCP 7, but don''t want to waste time.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:24:33 pm

What format are you guys working with? DVCPro HD, AVC-I? Frame rate?

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:41:08 am

DVCPro HD 720p50

May be it is a update problem. It happens after the last EFI update and Pro Application Supplement Update last week.

Michael

Return to posts index

Dan Davis
on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:56:57 pm

My format was DVCPro HD 720 60i

I had a friend that had FCP 7 that transfer the footage for me and still have not found out what happened

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Mar 11, 2012 at 7:12:23 am

Dan, are we the only editors running with this problem? I posted it in a german user group,too. But no answer yet.
Did you find a solution?

Michael

Return to posts index

Rachael Cude
on Mar 12, 2012 at 6:10:07 pm

I am currently having this same problem where each and every one of my clips will not import to my current event with the same error encountered during import and is still referencing media on the camera where I will lose the clip if the camera is unplugged ensuring that I can't edit until the problem is fixed. The format is HD 720p

Return to posts index

Rachael Cude
on Mar 12, 2012 at 7:09:54 pm

My solution was to import to a new event and that seemed to fix all my problems. Quirky.

Rachael

Return to posts index

Blake Hodges
on May 16, 2012 at 9:16:22 pm

Hey all,
I've been running in to the same problem importing P2 media. You know what we all have in common? This magic number:

Now that I have put some thought to it, I remember seeing a post in the Apple Forums (not taking the trouble to find it right now), where someone said they actually talked to an Apple Rep and they had said that there is indeed a known glitch/inability to import 720p footage of any kind from P2 media. They said "they are working on this." THis is the best I got.

In the mean time..... Log/Transfer with FCP7? Ay ay ay.....

For the record, I actually love FCPX, just not with little treats like this.

Return to posts index

alban egger
on May 17, 2012 at 10:01:44 am

I sometime shave the same problem. It occur random, not the same clips.
My workaround is to set In and Out points in the import window!

This is troublesome when you have dozens of clips, but the only way I found to force FCPX to reliably import the clips.

The other workaround is to have the original material in place. FCPX will point at the "card archive" even if the clip was not imported properly. This means double diskspace for the cards that didnĀ“t work, but it works for me.

Return to posts index

David Cleverly
on Nov 14, 2012 at 6:25:32 am

I had the very same problem suddenly with FCPX 10.0.6. trying to import 1080i P2 files. Same frustrating error message.

It appears my problem was related to changing to importing to a USB drive. Previously I had been importing to a firwire drive that never gave me a problem. As soon as I went to USB, the problem started. Put my events back on a FW drive and the problems stopped. Fingers crossed.

I suspect for me it has something to do with throughput/transfer speeds.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Daniel Lagarini Hinrichsen
on Nov 27, 2012 at 6:16:37 am

Encountering the same problem here...
And I agree its random wise.
After some attempts and off we go, still having problems with one clip in particular, 720...

Return to posts index

Ken Miller
on Dec 13, 2012 at 4:31:41 am

Similar problem here. I shot with a Panasonic HPX 170, in DVCPRO50 SD. Clips look fine on P2 card, and in the FCP X archive files I made, but when I import from the archive, the audio disappears either completely, or mostly--and what's left is very out of sync with the video. Called Apple, their FCP X person had no idea (and wanted $99 to investigate). Tried uninstalling and reinstalling FCP X to no avail, same problem whether on my iMac or MBP, and whether using 10.0.7 or 10.0.6. Really at a loss to understand why FCP X is killing the audio. Had no problem with the audio from my Panasonic DVX-B, which shoots on mini-DV and not P2 cards. Foolishly I deleted clips from P 2 card so can't try importing into FCP 7. Would love some input on this one. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]