APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Final Cut X and Anamorphic PAL problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomislav Rupic
Final Cut X and Anamorphic PAL problem
on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:10:33 pm

Hi, I decided to try FCPX again so I installed FCPX Trial and Decklink 9.2 Beta drivers.
I tried importing 16:9 PAL footage and it shows as 4:3. Is there a new solution for this problem other then transforming every clip? I even tried BM Media Express in hope it will flag my clips as 16:9 but no luck.

Second problem is with Decklink playback on my broadcast monitor, picture lost quality, sharpness and it looks like it has problem with fields or skipping frames, it looks really bad. Is there anything I am missing?

I would really like to start working in FCPX, especially now that XML works great with Resolve. I hope somebody can help.

Best regards,
Tomislav

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final Cut X and Anamorphic PAL problem
on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:29:54 pm

In the Inspector set the Spatial Conform for the anamorphic clips to fill.

You'll have to talk to Black Magic about monitor problem.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2012 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:36:14 pm

QT Edit from digital rebellion will flag these for you.

And as far as the monitoring, it's still in Beta. It's not perfect quite yet.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:57:01 am

Don't forget to go too your Project Properties and click the wrench/spanner icon too modify them if you are working with anamorphic.
Apologies if this is blindingly obvious and you already know this but you should set your project up something like this to work with FHA - obviously this is PAL.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:54:52 pm

[Steve McGarrigle] "Apologies if this is blindingly obvious and you already know this but you should set your project up something like this to work with FHA - obviously this is PAL. "

This must be new with 10.0.3.

Does the footage come in tagged as anamorphic, as it didn't before.

If not, see this thread: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/4262#4262

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
on Feb 9, 2012 at 11:00:30 am

There is no indication within the clip info that it has been flagged as anamorphic, however it displays at the correct aspect ratio on the timeline without any intervention.
( I.e. no going to item properties>format>check box for anamorphic as you do/did in legacy FCP ).

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Feb 9, 2012 at 11:58:59 am

Hi, so to respond to some suggestions...

I tried Fill but for me it just zooms my footage as 4:3 and fills my 16:9 timeline, it doesn't change aspect ratio, that is no go...

QT Edit is only program that does it as it should be done, since it makes my footage 16:9 even in preview window... but paying 100$ just for this and going one file is no goo too.

Best solution would be (since I will use BM Media Express for capturing) if BM would add anamorphic flag to footage when you choose anamorphic capture. I think it would be simple for them.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 9, 2012 at 1:03:34 pm

Yes, Decklink should do it.

You can also use fcp7 to flag the clips before import to X.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]