APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Multi Cam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Morrow
Multi Cam
on Feb 4, 2012 at 6:56:30 pm

Trying to use multi cam in FCP X and when I make the multi clip it adds the 3 clips next to each other and it does not work. Please help!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Multi Cam
on Feb 4, 2012 at 8:16:01 pm

How are you syncing the clips? Using audio sync? Is there sound on all the cameras?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2012 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Patrick Morrow
on Feb 4, 2012 at 9:44:56 pm

Hi Tom,
I have audio on all 3 clips. Strange thing the other clips work with multi clip only the tape based clips I need do not work, they only produce a clip with 3 clips side by side. Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Feb 4, 2012 at 11:20:53 pm

What settings are you using when creating the multi clip?

To leave a little less to chance you might try checking/changing the clip metadata - make sure each angle has a different name, make sure each camera has a different name / ID.

You can also try to manually create the angles in the multi clip angle viewer, drag the clips into the appropriate angle and then get FCPX to re-sync the clips from there.

Cheers
Jeff K

Jeff Kirkland | Southern Creative Media
video * audio * post * production
Melbourne, Australia

Return to posts index

Mikey Bouchereau
on Feb 5, 2012 at 4:26:42 am

Change from auto, and choose "clip" as your choice for Angles. Otherwise it will try to sync by camera.

This is meant to sync DSLR cameras. The nice part about the Angle option is that it chooses "camera" by default, so if you have 2 cameras say a Video Camera and a DSLR even though you may be syncing something like 5 clips (4DSLR and 1 Video Camera Stream) you only have 2 camera angles.

I ran into this problem when I was trying to multcam a music video shot with 2 cameras, we did multiple takes and it gave me only 2 angles, but sync'd them up. I then choose Clips and it then sync'd all 16 takes/angles.

Hope that helps.

Mikey B!

Follow Me On Twitter!

Download Free Effects/Transitions/Generators for Final Cut Pro X

Check Out My Sky Replace Tutorial

Return to posts index

Patrick Morrow
on Feb 5, 2012 at 6:31:49 pm

Thanks Mickey,
That worked and it worked great!
God Bless,