APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Event/Project bloat curtailed?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Event/Project bloat curtailed?
on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:38:41 pm

I dont have enough time at the moment to play with the new update, but has the bloat been fixed or optimized?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Event/Project bloat curtailed?
on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:38:12 pm

I haven't had time to mess with he coming clip thing much yet either...I'm cautious what you all have found regarding the.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:25:49 pm

not totally tested but cutting a compound clip with blade increases project size

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:28:50 pm

But does it grind the app to a halt?

The increase in file size isn't the issue and should be expected, it's the performance of the big file that should be judged. If the file size does increase dramatically, does FCPX still grind to a halt?

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:31:29 pm

opening an old project that was then updated to new version seemed to slow down significantly not sure if this is a good test though

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:15:42 am

I created 10 compound clips, bladed them down to about 100 clips, added 80 markers plus 40 connected clips.

Project went up to 25mb in size, no slowdown in timeline operation

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:13:01 am

10.0.3 does seem much peppier. Many of the spinning beach ball delays are gone. For example I used to get a long pause after choose media export and selecting a location. No longer. My edit session yesterday was incredibly productive and fast. I never had to wait for FCP X. Working was a joy.

Unfortunately in my tests the bloat bug us still present. I quickly created a 150MB project file (compounded upon compounded clips) and editing slowed to a crawl with beach balls.

Although Apple must address this issue, I have a feeling it is a tough nut to crack. They really need to know what a huge issue this is for us. I would shoot them feedback or better yet call them regarding it if you are able to reproduce the problem.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Feb 3, 2012 at 3:59:11 am

Confirmed.

Just tried testing 7toX which uses compound clips to bring in FCP7 sequences. Tried adding and blading a couple sequence CCs in the primary. I kept a finder window open to the side and watched the project size additively increase with each blade cut. Very quickly things ground to a halt.

Bug report submitted. Agree it's likely a very tough one. Also agree it's essential they fix this ASAP, particularly in light of how 7toX works.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:32:04 am

I thought this would get fixed with multicam and multiclips.

Multiclips perform much better than compounds.

So....we wait.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]