APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

A freeze frame question!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
samir kassab
A freeze frame question!
on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:54:10 pm

Hey guys has anyone figured out how to make a freeze frame clip without having it inside the original clip,then cut it out,then trim/close the gap to get the clip back all together!
This is really time consuming!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: A freeze frame question!
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:38:18 am

Select clip, park skimmer over the frame you what to freeze use retiming Hold (Shift H).
Otherwise Select Range and the entire range is held using Shift H from the first frame in the range.
Adjust duration of the freeze by grabbing the red bar in the retiming display bar.

I'm not sure I understand your objective but I hope the above answers your question. There's no need to cut anything.

Return to posts index

Robert Bale
on Jun 28, 2011 at 1:05:27 pm

I have the same question, i know this, Select the project, and in the Timeline, place the playhead at the frame you want to save, and choose Share > Save Current Frame.But i use to load footage into the view / then go SHIFT N, that would make a freeze frame of the video, then you could drag it into the time line, i found this in the i movie help - skim your playhead to any point in a video clip that you want to capture as a still image. Right-click and choose "Add Still Frame to Project" from the menu that pops up. iMovie automatically creates a still frame and ads it to the end of your project.

All we want to do is Crab a still, from the video, it would be good if apple would add it to fcpx so once you freeze a frame it auto adds it to the event library.

Return to posts index

will Bailey
on Apr 30, 2012 at 9:40:58 am

Has anyonef found a less time consuming way to add freeze frame as iMovie? I could use iMovie but quality is not as good. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]