APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Project clips visible in T-line & skimmable in Browser can't be viewed (red.) How to fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
Project clips visible in T-line & skimmable in Browser can't be viewed (red.) How to fix?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 1:35:41 am

Updated an old library, opened a project. When playing the clips in the timeline some clips have the "red!" warning in the viewer . If I "reveal in browser" they appear in the viewer but disappear when I hit "play." Attached a screenshot showing clip 5D3_0435 viewable in browser and in the Timeline. In the viewer it's missing. Any quick fix recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6 Mojave
(Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.4

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
Re: Project clips visible in T-line & skimmable in Browser can't be viewed (red.) How to fix?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 10:26:03 am

The clips are OK but some FX is or are missing....

FRANCOIS

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
Re: Project clips visible in T-line & skimmable in Browser can't be viewed (red.) How to fix?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 2:46:24 pm

THANK YOU! Used the utility to find the missing plugins, reinstalled and I'm good to.

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6 Mojave
(Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.4

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Jul 9, 2020 at 12:04:27 pm

[Stephen Underwood] "Updated an old library, opened a project. When playing the clips in the timeline some clips have the "red!" warning in the viewer ."

As Francois said, possibly some Fx missing. To narrow those down, there is a free 3rd-party utility called X-Library Check. I've only used it once to ensure it runs on Catalina and have no other experience with it. Developer Andreas Kiel has done several FCPX utilities over the years and is a good guy. Scroll down on this page to that item: http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]