APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Random Audio Drops in Timeline and Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Random Audio Drops in Timeline and Export
on Jul 1, 2020 at 1:12:52 pm

Hey team,

Wanted to see if anyone had experienced similar issues to what I'm dealing with.

I'm working on a reasonably simple project that involves both voice over and clips harvested from a popular TV show kinda mixed together.

I keep having the audio just randomly drop out on me though during playback. A clip will swap and the audio just vanishes for the duration of the clip and stays down. I can back the playhead up and sometimes it'll come back. Other times I'll scrub through some media up in the media finder and come back, and that will correct it. Sometimes not.

It seems completely arbitrary right now. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it disappears. I figured it would correct itself on export but it hasn't.

There's random pops and scratches in the audio track (all below peaking in the inspector) and I can't locate them in the project. If I export again, it'll be gone, but there's new audio issues elsewhere in the export.

Anyone have hints on where to start?
Currently I'm just exporting the same project again and again hoping to get lucky and export a clean version by pure luck.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brad Hurley
Re: Random Audio Drops in Timeline and Export
on Jul 1, 2020 at 5:39:51 pm

Are these all .wav files and do they have the same sample rate (typically 48 khz)? If not, that could conceivably be the source of the problem.

In the DAW world, pops and dropouts are typically fixed by adjusting the buffer size. There might be a way to change buffer settings in FCPX but I'm not sure how to do it.

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
on Jul 4, 2020 at 9:36:53 pm

Thanks for this Brad.
I'm currently looking around for this.
All of the audio came directly off of the TV show episodes so I'm not currently sure what the sample rate is. Digging into specs that will hopefully clue me in.

Return to posts index

Terry Barnum
on Jul 2, 2020 at 2:51:09 am

When there are weird, inexplicable problems, two easy things to try are resetting preferences and deleting renders.

To delete preferences, hold down option and command when launching FCPX, then click Delete Preferences. You'll need to redo any preference changes you've made.

If that doesn't change the behavior, to delete render files, select the Library in the browser, then choose File->Delete Generated Library Files... and select Delete Render Files, All. FCPX will re-render anything it needs.

-Terry

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
on Jul 4, 2020 at 9:10:06 pm

Thanks guys, I'm playing with this but still getting the same result.

Just random buzzing that isn't consistent across renders. Hmmmm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]