APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Adding more of same background in video to compensate for subject too large

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Butler
Adding more of same background in video to compensate for subject too large
on May 20, 2020 at 12:19:47 am

I am working on solo gtr video which was done over time, against a blank wallbackground; w a tripod mounted camera (without any operator).; however in some of the segments, the subject image takes up too much of the screen.
Is there a way to copy the wall background and expand it, so that the subject is now smaller and room width and height are increased? This way , segmented clips will look more consistent, compares to the ones where the room width is wider.?
Also this may enable zooms on the subject.
Thank you Ray

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Adding more of same background in video to compensate for subject too large
on May 20, 2020 at 12:48:53 pm

Is the subject cut-off at any time in the shot?
You can either use After Effects or try to do a mask in FCPX and scale the back.
It might not match so you need to plan on either scaling them all to match or replace entirely.
I would honestly do all this in AE.

Return to posts index

Ray Butler
Re: Adding more of same background in video to compensate for subject too large
on May 20, 2020 at 6:55:48 pm

Thank you. The subject is in the same position throughout ; i,think i understand the solution on AE . I will try and figure it out; i am primarily a musician and just learning the editing software. Could i send some screen shots or a short clip of another issue? I was in shooting in a room w unfinished sheetrocking and there are splotches on the walls are two different colors showing. I see now the only solution is to mask the subject (me playing,the gtr in sitting position from basically chair up...... i heard there is some kind of motion sensor that could take a basic mask and compensate for the motion of the head and arms in playing the gtr, that would eliminate having to go frame by frame precision mask?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]