APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX Crashing on Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aloyisius Oxbow
FCPX Crashing on Export
on Apr 20, 2020 at 12:07:48 am

Hello! I'm using FCPX 10.3.4 on El Capitan (10.11.6). Suddenly, every video I try to export crashes immediately (I never get to the settings menu). If I try to export as a still image then it either just does nothing or sometimes gives an error saying it failed.

I've tried absolutely everything I can think of and every suggestion I've found in online searches:

- Deleting prefs
- Uninstalling and reinstalling FCP
- Making a new library
- Moving my libraries to a different disk
- Exporting to a different disk
- Deleting render files, turning off background rendering
- Switching to a different OSX user
- Checking all disks (no errors, plenty of room)
- Disabling/deleting QuickTime components
- Deleting a couple new apps I've downloaded since the last time FCPX worked
- Running various repair/maintenance/cleanup tools with Onyx
- Using Digital Rebellion Pro Maintenance Tools (Crash Analyzer, all the cleanup tools, etc.)
- Using Time Machine to revert back to old versions of my FCP libraries
- Rebooting the computer, of course
- Resetting PRAM
- Unplugging everything except necessary drives and peripherals

Many of these I've tried multiple times. Crash Analyzer says it's a "Network Error", though I'm not sure why a network is even needed to export a file? But I've tried checking and clearing all my network prefs anyway.

What am I missing? What haven't I tried? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's not only on one project but ALL of them, which worked totally fine before.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: FCPX Crashing on Export
on Apr 20, 2020 at 12:19:02 pm

This was apparently caused by /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework, which had been recently updated. Problem was apparently resolved by restoring a previous version using Time Machine.

Return to posts index

Aloyisius Oxbow
Re: FCPX Crashing on Export
on Apr 20, 2020 at 5:35:00 pm

That's correct, I hadn't had a chance to post the update here yet so thank you for doing so!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]