APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Fade in Text - Too fast?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Nidler
Fade in Text - Too fast?
on Apr 15, 2020 at 7:48:11 am

Hi guys!

So I'm experiencing with fading in and out text in FCPX for a project.
I picked the "custom title" from the "build in/out" section.
I know how adjust the text from the option section to the right but for some reason the text does not fade in slowly enough! It seems to always fade in too quickly after a few keyframes. I've tried to change the keyframe for opacity and duration but nothing happens ...

Any idea whats wrong? :/

Thank you so much!

Best regards Philip

Return to posts index

Rich Callan
Re: Fade in Text - Too fast?
on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:16:29 pm

Did you ever get an answer for your question? I'm having the same issue.

Return to posts index

Philip Nidler
on Aug 1, 2020 at 9:33:37 am

I did not unfortunately ☹

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Aug 1, 2020 at 4:34:42 pm

If nobody answers I'll step in... ☺

You can adjust the "In Duration" and "Out Duration" in the title settings. If that is still too fast, what I'd do is to make the title a compound clip (option+G). This allows you to change the speed, do a speed ramp, or whatever you like.

For some titles it is possible to right-click and open in motion where you can adjust the timing more precisely. I tried that with the built-in fade title you mentioned but it didn't work there.

Return to posts index

Rich Callan
on Aug 1, 2020 at 5:15:18 pm

Sorry to hear that. I think it's just a matter of how FCPX handles it, which is a real problem.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Aug 2, 2020 at 2:05:14 pm

Is there any reason not do just use dissolves to bring it in and out? In these cases I do that simply because it's faster and easier to tweak. Select clip. Command-T and your done.

It would also not be hard to change the template in Motion to make it work. But that may be more than you want to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]