APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Can You Use "Blade Tool" on Motion Title Clips (.moti)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
Can You Use "Blade Tool" on Motion Title Clips (.moti)
on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:30:30 am
Last Edited By Steve Crow on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:50:17 am

It's been years since I tried to do any serious editing of purchased Motion title (from MotionVFX if that matters) inside FCPX but I remember the pain I experienced in trying to end a title sequence early.

The Blade Tool doesn't work and dragging the end point in to the left only speeds up the title. I remember there was some kind of simple workaround but that information has gotten lost in my brain. Today the only thing I could come up with was to export the title sequence as its own clip, and then re-import that clip into my media library and drag that exported clip onto my timeline. But I know that's a hack....what's the better way?

Steve Crow

UPDATE: A MINUTE OR TWO AFTER MY INITIAL POSTING I FOUND AN OLD POST FROM THIS FORUM REMINDING ME THAT I CAN SHORTEN, NOT LENGTHEN, A TITLE CLIP BY TURNING IT INTO A COMPOUND CLIP AND THEN I CAN EASILY DRAG THE END TO THE LEFT PERFECTLY

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Can You Use "Blade Tool" on Motion Title Clips (.moti)
on Mar 31, 2020 at 5:08:55 pm

You can just compound the clip. Select the clip then Opt+G to compound it. Then trim to your hearts content.

When you blade a motion title it sets the new out point where you bladed. And whatever animation you have in the motion template gets scaled to the new clip length.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]