APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Mojave: no longer gets Blacks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Flaxton
Mojave: no longer gets Blacks
on Jan 30, 2020 at 5:15:59 pm

So previously I've always had clips over 'gaps' to hold position and used opacity to fade up and down to black.

Now that I'm migrated to Mojave when I fade up and down to the gap - I get mid grey (if not light grey). I've checked that if the clip is hanging and not over a gap it still fades to grey.

If a clip is not 100 per cent in terms of distortion or transform - a grey peaks through every where it's not filling frame.

I've looked back over old projects and all of those fades to black are now fades to grey.

So I've been using a black solid underneath the opacity changes today - but is there a long term fix for this? Is this grey anything to do with an alpha setting - Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Made my first video in 1976, A long term programme maker, DP, editing etc - changing with AR/VR/MR media -

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Mojave: no longer gets Blacks
on Jan 30, 2020 at 8:11:38 pm

What color space is your monitor set to?

Is it grey in waveform too?

Return to posts index

Terry Flaxton
on Jan 30, 2020 at 8:41:33 pm

I've tried it on my standard panasonic 42 inch and a couple of apple displays - I haven't checked the waveform (but everything else is colour). I rebooted the mac on sierra (same mac different boot up) it fades up and down to black - why suggests Mojave and or the latest fcp update . I'll try the waveform monitor when I get a chance - its 9pm in the uk

Made my first video in 1976, A long term programme maker, DP, editing etc - changing with AR/VR/MR media -

Return to posts index

Terry Flaxton
on Jan 30, 2020 at 9:45:24 pm

...and of course it's rec 709 for the panasonic and calibrated apple displays - FCP is set to rec 709 rather than 2020...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]