APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Video Monitor

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Geoff Addis
Video Monitor
on Jan 19, 2020 at 2:50:56 pm

Although not strictly pertaining only to FCPX, I would appreciate recommendations for a new 27 inch 4K display monitor for use with FCPX. HDR is not at the top of my requirement list, it would be a bonus. The new Apple HDR monitors are outside my budget, but I do wonder if the LG 5K Ultrafine monitor as supplied by Apple or the LG version of this monitor would give a reasonable indication of Rec709 colour, again Rec2020 would be welcome. Alternately, would I be better advised to get a 4K tv, although I have yet to discover one that is 27 inch in size. Also, would it be better to have either a Black Magic or AJA 4K interface rather than connecting the monitor directly to a Thunderbolt connection on my iMac?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Video Monitor
on Jan 20, 2020 at 3:55:36 pm

Anything that size would be expensive.
I have an Eizo 24" CG247X HD for external and that does wonders with FCPX and others.
However, a bit pricey at 2K USD.

Return to posts index

Morten Carlsen
on Mar 11, 2020 at 11:56:25 am

I have an 5k Ultra Fine from LG which is amazing. I also can recommend LGs true 4k (4096 Pixels) computer monitor. Both aren't too expensive.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro Color Monitor - Get Your Color Balance Right
Get it on the AppStore Today->

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/pro-color-monitor/id1495383011?l=en&mt=12

Return to posts index

Geoff Addis
on Mar 11, 2020 at 5:16:27 pm

Thanks for the responses. I ended up getting a BenQ SW271 monitor and have calibrated it using an x-Rite i1 Display Pro. Interestingly, the calibrated display is VERY close to the monitor's in built Rec709 setting. Colours appear to be accurate although the black level could be a little lower.

Return to posts index

Morten Carlsen
on Mar 11, 2020 at 5:20:10 pm

You might also wanna try my Software Color Balance Monitor Pro Color Monitor.
You can check it out in my signature ☺

Been color grading since about 20 years and grew tired of histograms and what not and color profiles, monitors etc.... And ended up creating this tool !

-- Best Morten

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro Color Monitor - Get Your Color Balance Right
Get it on the AppStore Today -- Pro Color Monitor MacAppStore

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]