APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Import of AVCHD effects color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Terpstra
Import of AVCHD effects color
on Jan 15, 2020 at 11:11:53 pm

I'm setting up a multicam edit (my first in FCPX) with 2 AVCHD cameras and a KiPro ProRes recorded switch master file. I noticed that the 2 camera originals have different colors than the switch master. I've imported both with creating Optimized and not Optimized. I also did not check mark "Analyze video for balance color". Both are a little warmer than the master ProRes. I then Log and Transferred the 2 cameras in FCP7 and brought those into FCPX and they match perfectly to my ProRes Switch Master. Any thoughts on why FCPX is "adjusting" my color on AVCHD import or thoughts on my ignorance is welcome.

I'm on a iMac Pro using FCP 10.4.8 Cameras are Sony NX5.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Import of AVCHD effects color
on Jan 17, 2020 at 12:15:19 am

Select the clip, then in Inspector "info" tab, select "General" view mode at bottom. Then check if it applied an automatic camera LUT. If so turn that off and examine.

If that doesn't make a difference, select the "Settings" view at bottom of the Inspector and manually flag the clip as Rec709.

If you are importing from .mts files copied out of the AVCHD package, try importing from the AVCHD package itself. Sometimes there is color metadata that's needed.

Return to posts index

Devin Terpstra
Re: Import of AVCHD effects color
on Jan 17, 2020 at 3:41:00 pm

Awesome, no LUTs applied, but setting the Color Space Override to Rec. 709 did the trick. Thanks Joe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]