APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

BluRay Corrupted ... twice!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shei Hastings
BluRay Corrupted ... twice!
on Dec 29, 2019 at 8:10:41 pm
Last Edited By Shei Hastings on Dec 29, 2019 at 8:13:11 pm

Hi all - I work as a videographer so am use to copying to external media (discs, sticks etc) and all was well till today when I had a problem burning a 4min clip to BluRay to be played at a local multiplex cinema.

Overkill, I know...but Vue can only play certain files on their Sony 4K digital projectors (mostly encrypted) so that left me the only option they could use..which was BluRay. Now, I've copied plenty of BluRay discs before but this was the first time I copied a 4min one. Everything went as planned, it went thru all the stages and the disc was created.

I played it on my player but it said corrupted file. I tried it on my PS4...same thing.
So I copied another, same process and share completed.
Still corrupted.
I don't get it!
Does FCPX have issues burning short content to BluRay? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
S

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: BluRay Corrupted ... twice!
on Dec 30, 2019 at 4:52:37 pm

I'm going to guess that the disc may not have been finalized properly. This is a common problem in SD DVD production in burners, where you might forget to do that step manually. My other guess is, look closely at the formatting you're using on the bluray, are you asking it to contain a streaming file instead of the correct mpeg codec?

You can burn optical disks using Compressor. I'd export your movie to Compressor and try burning it there.

Let us know what happens.

Return to posts index

Shei Hastings
Re: BluRay Corrupted ... twice!
on Jan 21, 2020 at 9:50:57 am

Hi, thanks for the advice.
Alas the culprit was a program error.

Turned out my version of FCPX was sending the entire timeline to burn, even though only the clip was highlighted showing its timings. Really weird.

Had to reinstall the program and it seems to be working fine now but not after getting through 5 discs!!

Beer Can is pronounced Bacon in Jamaican

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]