APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP 10.4.7 & .8 Performance

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
FCP 10.4.7 & .8 Performance
on Dec 13, 2019 at 5:40:05 pm

Anyone else's performance going down the tubes (no pun intended)?

Nothing else has changed, same codecs and resolution, but performance seems to be not-so-great. I can't much realtime playback, when I did before. I am having to result to "better performance" which isn't ideal with clients in the room.

I even rebuilt one of my machines from a clean install to see if that would fix it, and it doesn't.

Anyone else?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: FCP 10.4.7 & .8 Performance
on Dec 13, 2019 at 7:04:17 pm

I’m on 10.4.8 on one machine (5K imac) still on mojave, and I see no difference in performance, certainly no loss of performance.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 13, 2019 at 7:26:12 pm

I haven't noticed any change in performance but I haven't been working on any large projects. Playback performance seems about the same though.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tony Corapi
on Dec 13, 2019 at 7:30:09 pm

I am experiencing the same issues. I am currently working on a
iMac Pro
4TB SSD
Intel Xeon W
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores: 18
L2 Cache (per Core):1 MB
L3 Cache: 24.8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology:Enabled
Memory: 128 GB
Mojave 10.14.6
Storage Lacie Big12 72TB
FCPX 10.4.8
Sine the upgrade to 10.4.7 playback has seriously deteriorated.
Usually working in 1080p 23.98 timelines with 4k footage that is mostly ProRes with some keying work that all use to play effortlessly in 10.4.6. It has been very frustrating and render times seem longer too.

Tony Corapi

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Dec 13, 2019 at 8:26:47 pm

I've noticed decreased performance, beachballs and crashes. Tested on different Macs: iMacPro, 5k iMac, MacBookPro 15, MacBookPro 18 and even iMac late 2012. Mojave everywhere. While there may be some benefits in export time (I measured only on my old iMac and it is about 20% faster), the overall stability on large projects is terrible.
I was going to do clean install to find out if that helps on all of the Macs, but reading your post I won't even bother and waste time.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 16, 2019 at 3:58:20 pm

I haven't seen any decreased performance. OTOH, in general, the FCPX UI always seems less responsive to me than Premiere on the same machines. Not in how it deals with media, but more in the response time from clicking something until an action occurs. I'm still on Mojave (latest version).

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]