APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX putting gaps between images.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristin Kirby
FCPX putting gaps between images.
on Nov 26, 2019 at 7:30:27 pm

Hi there:
Sometimes my timeline clips won't lock together - there's a space between them that I can't get to go away of about 1 frame. It's happening right now with stills, which are powerpoints changed into .jpgs. If I try to move the images closer together, one of them moves up to the secondary timeline above it. I can't get the gap to go away. Sometimes it happens with video clips as well. If any one can tell me what's going on, I'd love it! Here's a screen shot, zoomed in:

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX putting gaps between images.
on Nov 26, 2019 at 7:44:41 pm

I believe this is an intermittent bug that goes back to the beginning. At least something like this has been reported before in the earliest versions. The gap may actually be less than a whole frame. Or it may simply be the way it is represented in the timeline. Do an export and see if these gaps are really there and if the images are actually next to each other at the cut.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Kristin Kirby
on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:28:39 am

Hi Oliver,

When I export, and I look at the video I can't see anything. The gap is so small that you can't see anything anyway. So how do I tell if there really is a gap? I guess it probably doesn't matter if you can't see it anyway, but I've had the experience where there's a little flash if you look closely.

Thanks,
Kristin

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 27, 2019 at 12:50:33 am

I'm not sure if this is the exact same issue, but look through the replies in this thread.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6475932

If you Google "FCPX back frames between clips" you'll see a ton of variations to this issue going back to 2011.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 28, 2019 at 5:31:48 pm

Not to state the obvious, but you do have snapping turned on when you try and move it back with the mouse? Or, just try nudging it with the "," and "." keys?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]