APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

color mask not exporting in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jooyeon Lee
color mask not exporting in Final Cut Pro
on Oct 17, 2019 at 1:49:35 am

Hello.

I'd like to use a color mask to hide unwanted colors and shapes in Final Cut Pro, and I found out the color mask will not be exported when I try.

This is the clip I'd like to export. I've used color mask, and screen captured the scene.

(sorry for bad resolution)

This is the clip I exported. It's the same clip, but you can see black waterdrops are not hidden.

I've exported it through Apple Prores 4444.

Is there any way I can export this right?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: color mask not exporting in Final Cut Pro
on Oct 17, 2019 at 4:08:58 pm

Where did the original clips come from? Was one layer generated with After Effects? Does that clip contain alpha channel information?

If you select each clip you want to composite, then do View>Show in Viewer>Color Channels>Alpha, is it all white? If so it contains no alpha channel info. This is just a guess, I am not familiar with this area.

I also don't understand the term "color mask". Normally you would use a shape mask, not a color mask to composite two layers. Example:

Return to posts index

Jooyeon Lee
on Oct 21, 2019 at 1:40:23 pm

Where did the original clips come from? Was one layer generated with After Effects? Does that clip contain alpha channel information?

The original clips were generated from Blender. When I select the clip and do View>Show in Viewer>Color Channels>Alpha, it IS all white.

This means that there are no areas that are transparent, only blacks. Right? But the clips are already composited in 'Normal' and show other background clips without any problem.

It is kinda like using a shape mask, but with the color picker tool from Color Board.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Oct 21, 2019 at 3:53:26 pm

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this area. Does this info about FCPX blend modes help:

https://www.rippletraining.com/articles/free-final-cut-pro-video-tutorials/...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]