APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Removing plug-in effects from FCPX Effects Panel

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Addis
Removing plug-in effects from FCPX Effects Panel
on Sep 15, 2019 at 6:56:24 pm

Hi,
I have some CoreMelt plugins that are used, but also a number of unactivated and unwanted ones that came with the others as part of an upgrade package of which I only have need for the few that are licensed. Is there a way of preventing. the unwanted ones from appearing in the FCPX Effects panel, not a major issue, but just little irritating
Geoff

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Removing plug-in effects from FCPX Effects Panel
on Sep 15, 2019 at 8:20:58 pm

Not really. If they're simple Motion based plugins you can delete them from the Motion Templates directory but I'd expect most of the core melt stuff wouldn't fall into that category. Do they allow you to choose what you install? Maybe uninstall all of the plugins and reinstall just the ones you're using.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Geoff Addis
on Sep 15, 2019 at 9:54:17 pm

I was having problems with the LUT browser showing grossly over-saturated, duo-colour images. The surprising thing was that until I installed the latest complete package of all Cormelts' plug-ins as an upgrade did the problem resolve itself. Leaving unwanted items out when installing the upgrade did not cure the problem and it was only until I went back to the very original versions of each plugin that I had and then did each subsequent upgrade for them before installing the latest complete package did I succeed in curing the problem, thanks to Coremelt for their quick and helpful responses. Anyhow, the good news is that all is now working.

Geoff.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 16, 2019 at 2:17:29 pm

Maybe a related issue: when I boot my FCPX or Motion, I get a pop-up about one particular plug in effect no longer being useable or something. How do I remove the specific plug-in?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]