APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Notes vs keywords for clips logging in 10.4.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Notes vs keywords for clips logging in 10.4.6
on Sep 11, 2019 at 4:04:58 pm
Last Edited By Sam Lee on Sep 11, 2019 at 4:08:47 pm

I've been logging more notes than keywords to the clips. This is for super long-form docu that's growing. I ran out of the 10 most used keywords. Are there any downsides or limitations to using notes vs keywords when logging? So far I can search it for the entire library without having to create a smart collection on it, create a smart library filter with that particular keyword... It looks like notes is an continuation of the keywords.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Notes vs keywords for clips logging in 10.4.6
on Sep 11, 2019 at 8:35:03 pm

I've never even used notes that I can remember. But Keywords are the larger construct. They're right there in the browser to click on so no searching or smart collections required unless you want to search across Events. You can use them as key words as you're doing or you can use them as a more versatile organizational construct than old school bins and folders, where elements can exist in multiple keyword collections at once. Also, seems easier when logging to just drag clips into keyword collections either from an event or even from the finder directly into a keyword collection. For example I'll have an event called Audio. Inside I may have keyword collections for Music, SFX, VO, etc. No limits to what you can do. Easy to view multiple keyword results by just cmd+selecting multiple collections too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]