APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Rendering With FCP X and canon XH G1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Fowler
Rendering With FCP X and canon XH G1
on Aug 18, 2019 at 6:13:32 pm

I have also posted this on the canon forum and it was suggested to post on this as well.

Good Afternoon,
I have just uploaded some video from my Canon XH G1 to final cut pro x. After uploading all seemed fine with browsers clips a bit slow and jerky but was happy with that. I started to edit and place clips in the timeline and noticed that the clips were not rendering automatically although it was set up and had been working in the past with no changes to FCP X. Each clip had to be rendered with Ctl R. too render it. After a few experiments reloading FCP X twice on two computers still the same.

Apple was very helpful to me and tried to help as much as they could. We uploaded from and iPhone and that worked fine. I decided to load all the clips into the timeline in any order and then from the dropdown menu rendered all. I then place all clips back into the browser and as they had all been rendered all worked well.

My question is it as Apple said my camera has now become incompatible with FCP X now and will need to purchase a new camera. I see on this forum a few are still using the camera have they found a way around it or do I carry on as I am doing.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015).
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
FCP X 10.4.6

Hope someone can help

Harry Fowler

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Rendering With FCP X and canon XH G1
on Aug 19, 2019 at 10:33:10 pm

[Allan Fowler] "Good Afternoon,
I have just uploaded some video from my Canon XH G1 to final cut pro x."

Hi Allan,

That's an HDV camera - what is your process to get footage into FCPX from tape? This may help answer some of the other questions.

Doug Metz

Dalton+Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]