APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Selecting multiple keyword behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Moss
Selecting multiple keyword behaviour
on Aug 11, 2019 at 9:53:53 am

Hi,

When I cmd select multiple keywords from the list in an event, FCP combines them and returns the shots which have either of those keywords attached. (e.g All 'Wide shots' and all shots from 'Scene 2'.)

Is there a way to make it show me just the shots with both? e.g only 'wide shots' from 'scene 2'.

I realise I could create a smart folder for this, but that is a slower process than selecting keywords on the fly for searches I wont need very often...

JM

http://www.jay-moss.com

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Selecting multiple keyword behaviour
on Aug 11, 2019 at 11:53:35 pm

I wrote to Apple a couple of years ago requesting this. FCPX is a database-oriented product - in fact the persistent data store uses SQLite. All edits, metadata and media links are stored in SQL tables. Yet in some ways it has less query capability than Finder. At least Finder has Boolean search terms and ability to nest multiple ANY and ALL terms in a stack of search criteria.

It's a valid request that the FCPX UI support more advanced query methods. Doing an AND or "intersection" search via clicking on multiple keyword collections is one obvious way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]