APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Does Neat Video adjust for when I increase gain in footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Does Neat Video adjust for when I increase gain in footage?
on Jun 18, 2019 at 10:12:05 pm

Sometimes I play with the exposure of dark footage in FCP X, and then apply Neat Video. But from what it shows me on screen and what I've read about it, it seems like it affects noise of the raw footage but doesnt adjust for my changes. Am I right about that? Is that a reason to perhaps use FCP X's own internal noise reduction? Does it work differently (assuming my intuition is right)?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Does Neat Video adjust for when I increase gain in footage?
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:17:34 am

What Neat Video works on, depends on where you put it in the effects chain. so if you make your colour correction changes pre Neat Video then it's working with whatever you've done to the image so far. There's no way (that I'm aware of) for any plugin to bypass the other plugins that came before it and just access the unadjusted image.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Marcelo Mairena
Sony DSR 45 and mini dv in high definition
on Jul 2, 2019 at 4:10:38 am

Hi Jeff.

I read your answers and I am very grateful for sharing your knowledge.
Sorry, I do not know how to use this forum. Allow me to put a doubt here: I recently purchased a Sony DSR 45 used, but in perfect condition, to capture some mini dv tapes for a job. I do not know why I can not see in the display some images that were recorded in high definition 1080p. My question is if there is any setting in DSR 45 so I can capture the tapes? Note: Some tapes can read be problem. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Sony DSR 45 and mini dv in high definition
on Jul 2, 2019 at 4:59:04 am

From memory, and its been a very long time, The DSR 45 is SD only so if you have any 1080 tapes (which I assume are HDV) it won't be able to play them.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]