APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Seq header duplication

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Coles
Seq header duplication
on Jun 11, 2019 at 11:56:50 pm

I'm trying to burn a dvd using FCP 7 DVD Studio Pro. The video was made with FCPX (latest version) and imported to an older Mac Pro that has FCP 7 on it. When I try to burn i get this message "Formatting Failed". The build log says "Seq Header Duplication." How can I fix this?

W Coles

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Seq header duplication
on Jun 12, 2019 at 12:40:36 am

Now that's stretching my memory. It's been a long time since I even saw DVD Studio, let alone actually used it but....

What type of role are you starting from? ProRes or MPEG2? If it's MPEG2 then it's possible there's an error in the mpeg encoding. Try re-encoding it.

I've seen that error happen because there was a corruption in the DVDSP project and rebuilding it from scratch has fixed the issue.

I've also seen the issue happen because there were spaces in the filename. If there are spaces, try deleting the asset, then renaming it in the finder and reimporting it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but it's been a long time. Maybe something there will help...

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Walter Coles
on Jun 12, 2019 at 1:05:47 am

Wow! Thanks Jeff for the quick responce. I'll try your suggestions tomorrow. I've used DVD Studio Pro for years and have never had this happen before. I wish Apple still bundeled it with FCPX.

W Coles

Return to posts index

Walter Coles
on Jun 12, 2019 at 1:14:06 am

By the way, it is an Apple ProRes 422

W Coles

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 12, 2019 at 8:58:20 pm

I might try breaking all the links in the DVD project and then re-establishing them. You might have a link that goes someplace it shouldn't. Did you import an asset twice somewhere?

Return to posts index

Walter Coles
on Jun 13, 2019 at 1:04:13 pm

Thanks again, Jeff. I have imported that file to one other place. I sent it to Compressor to burn a Bly-rey and to a backup disc. I'll give it a try. Nothing worked yesterday. I appreciate you staying with me on this issue.

W Coles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]