APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Audio quality problem after publishing, even with settings all optimized for Facebook

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonidas D. Jonasson
Audio quality problem after publishing, even with settings all optimized for Facebook
on Jun 11, 2019 at 8:54:43 pm

I spent hours exporting different variations of my project. I intend to publish to Facebook.

Upon creating a master file (MOV) at 1280x720, 30 frames per second, using H.264 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ in the project settings, with AAC Stereo Audio in Stereo at 44.1 KHz – i get a perfect file, but when uploading it to Facebook Video on my artist page, the audio quality is generally not the best, but what's even more strange is that when i load the video on a mobile device and switch it to HD, then suddenly the audio quality drops even further. Yes – that's right ☺ It's worse on HD than on normal. Sounds like 22KHz or something.

I then went on to load various other people's videos on Facebook on my phone and compared the qualities. Some videos had the same issue (when turning on HD, audio quality goes down notably), but others did not.

This told me that there must be a way to do this right and i am doing something wrong.

So far i tried rewrapping in MP4, i tried 48 Khz, i tried going up with the video resolution (format), i tried going down with it,.. nothing makes a difference. There must be a secret, lying waiting, undiscovered. And one of you awesome creativecow.net people hope-hope-hopefully know what it is! ☺

Would love to learn how to do this right!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Audio quality problem after publishing, even with settings all optimized for Facebook
on Jun 12, 2019 at 6:19:46 pm

I’ve never had an issue. I just export 1080p 29.97 mp4 out of FCPX and upload. Same file I upload tonYT, Vimeo, etc. About 15,000 mb/sec mp4. It’s a compressor preset I made so that it’s CBR single pass. you don’t want VBR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]