APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX centered iTT captions shift way to the left when played back on youtube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
FCPX centered iTT captions shift way to the left when played back on youtube
on May 12, 2019 at 6:23:56 pm
Last Edited By Nick Natteau on May 12, 2019 at 6:25:07 pm

All of my iTT captions are properly centered in Final Cut Pro X and remain so when I export my videos as master files.
But as soon as i upload them to Youtube, many of those captions are no longer properly centered but instead display all the way to the left. Has anyone encountered this issue? I've been unable to solve this problem.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: FCPX centered iTT captions shift way to the left when played back on youtube
on May 13, 2019 at 1:00:56 pm

This issue was already reported on the Apple FCPx forum.
Seems to be a YouTube thing, use SRT.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
Re: FCPX centered iTT captions shift way to the left when played back on youtube
on May 13, 2019 at 1:54:35 pm

Hi Spherico,

Thanks very much for your help. I just realized that after going back to that link you posted. From now on I'll stick to SRT. I had no placement issues with the SRT format, all subtitles were properly centered. It's also a much simpler text file to look at, showing just the subtitles with timecode and nothing else.

Not sure if you encountered this too, but Chrome wouldn't let me upload any subtitle format to my youtube channel. It just didn't respond. After clicking "upload" the window wouldn't close:

No problems uploading with Safari though. Thanks again for all your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]