APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Sherlock Opening Credits Look and Feel

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dudley Clarke
Sherlock Opening Credits Look and Feel
on Apr 22, 2019 at 3:38:05 am

Does anybody know how the look and feel of the Sherlock opening credits have been created.

The look and feel of a toyland image. And is there a FinalCut Filter that can be used to achieve this affect?

Spike

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Sherlock Opening Credits Look and Feel
on Apr 23, 2019 at 12:10:13 am

There's a lot going on in there. Is there a specific frame that shows the look you're after? Basically, that opening is really a bunch of timelapse and tilt-shift shots, plus a whole lot of clever editing.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Dudley Clarke
on Apr 23, 2019 at 2:59:35 am

Thank you for the response.
I was specifically looking at the first few seconds, from 6s to 8s, which is the view of Piccadilly Circus and the pedestrians and traffic.
I had thought that their might have been a simple filter which could be used to process that look, but from your response it is more than some post filming processing.

Spike

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:13:16 pm

[Dudley Clarke] "I had thought that their might have been a simple filter which could be used to process that look, but from your response it is more than some post filming processing."

You can do the toy effect in post, it can be hard to tell the difference, but to the overall question, no, there is not merely some "simple filter". It takes work, and this opening sequence probably took many hours to put together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]