APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX & Pegasus Issue?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Sherman
FCPX & Pegasus Issue?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 2:24:14 pm
Last Edited By Ray Sherman on Apr 6, 2019 at 3:27:34 pm

Hi,
I'm having a problem that I'm hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for correcting. I’ll try to keep this as specific as I can. I’m fairly new to FCPX 10.4.4 coming from a history of using Sony Vegas Pro. I made a seven minute 4K project using some FCPX color presets along with creating/saving about a half a dozen of my own from them for matching up two different camcorders. I also did some freeze frames along with using the Ken Burns effect. I imported my video using copy files to library with the transcoding option set at optimized media. I’m using a loaded late 2016 15” MacBook Pro 1 TB SSD along with my media being on a Promise Pegasus3 R6 24TB Raid 5.
I completed my project and exported out a master copy without issue. After doing so, in FCPX I went under File > Delete Generated Library Files and checked Delete Rendered Files > All > Delete Optimized Media.
The following is my problem; Upon checking available free space on my Pegasus, it shows that I have 13.62 TB available with 6.38 TB as used (see below). I do have other media on the Pegasus in which I manually checked all the sizes of the files including FCPX projects. I came up with only 1.261 TB used. I would sincerely appreciate any help if you may have any ideas what the problem may be? Thank you, Ray

Pegasus Current Info:
Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Capacity: 20 TB
Available: 13.62 TB (4.8 MB purgeable)
Used: 6.38 TB on disk

(Visual breakdown as follows)
20 TB (capacity)
-1.261 TB (manually checked from all files)
18.739 TB (should be total available)

6.38 TB (shows as used)
-1.261 TB (Should be total used due to manual check from all files)
5.119 TB (Discrepancy)

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
Re: FCPX & Pegasus Issue?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 3:59:58 pm

I'd also like to add...... This particular project is now showing up all blue in the FCPX timeline.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 6, 2019 at 8:44:20 pm

Where is your Library stored?
Did you check how big that sucker got?

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:02:44 pm

Thanks Eric...... That's a good question. I have all my media on the Pegasus and worked from that in FCPX. Obviously I have a lot to learn and I do have awesome Ripple tutorials that I haven't gotten into yet. I was pinched for time for a couple events. Once I get this straightened out, I'm going to study media management to get it right the next time around. Thanks again, Ray

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:18:54 pm
Last Edited By Ray Sherman on Apr 7, 2019 at 12:17:13 am

I have two Libraries on my Pegasus which shows one being at 69.84 GB and the other at 43.07 GB. That's only 112.91 GB. I deleted all the Generated Library Render and Optimized Files under the File tab in FCPX. I assumed that these files would have been aimed at the Pegasus. I also did a search using Spotlight. I did have some very small library files come up but, they were from my projects used that I mentioned in above. Thanks again, Ray

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Apr 7, 2019 at 10:03:24 pm

I screwed up......... I went through my Pegasus once again this afternoon. I counted two different folders "previously" at 5.12 GB it should have been 5.12 TB My stupidity........ 😱 Those two folders consists of 4K media along with a ton of other media from over the years. I must have done a backup of a backup. Now...... If any of you were close, I'd back up so you could kick me in the ......... Sorry guy's........ Ray🤬

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 8, 2019 at 1:08:00 am

Better safe than sorry and I will always accept stupidity over carelessness.

I hope that resolves your space issues.

Now if I can only backup my 48TB of crap :(

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
on Apr 8, 2019 at 10:24:17 am

Great statement and thank you for understanding. I jumped the gun on this and should have dug deeper. I should be good to go with the 13TB plus on my Pegasus.
48TB to backup? Wow! 😳 I'm sure you'll do just fine. Thanks Eric 😉

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]