APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

My Graphics disappear after uploading my exported quicktime movie to YouTube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Bierzonski
My Graphics disappear after uploading my exported quicktime movie to YouTube
on Mar 26, 2019 at 2:06:22 am
Last Edited By Nicholas Bierzonski on Mar 26, 2019 at 2:19:00 am

I have a real puzzler for the cow:

Some background on me first. I worked professionally for approx. 6 years as an editor using Final Cut Pro 4 through 7. I left the industry and recently have jumped back into editing with Final Cut Pro X.

I recently cut a music project video in Final Cut Pro X and exported a compounded (Nesting in Final Cut Pro 7) timeline to quicktime using ProRes 422.

The Quicktime exported movie looks great and has some simple graphic titles in the quicktime movie.
When I view the quicktime movie the graphic titles are present in the movie.

I uploaded the quicktime ProRes 422 movie to YouTube.
The movie uploaded and plays but the graphic titles aren't there in the processed YouTube video.

I did export from a timeline that was compounded (Like nesting in the older Final Cut Pro 7) to apply some minor color correction.

I don't think that is the issue because I can open the exported quicktime movie and see the titles.
Has anyone run into this issue before?

Above is a screen shot of the video with the graphic title and my codec properties.

I did a search on the cow and elsewhere. I haven't found any having the exact problem that I am describing.

I appreciate any help, advice and time you have to offer!

-Nick Bierzonski

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: My Graphics disappear after uploading my exported quicktime movie to YouTube
on Mar 27, 2019 at 6:27:16 pm

The only thing I can think of is your exported QT movie has the titles on a separate video track, which is unlikely. The fact that your main storyline is a compound clip shouldn't matter.

You could try to export .mp4 from your timeline and upload that - I'm fairly certain things would work that way.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Nicholas Bierzonski
Re: My Graphics disappear after uploading my exported quicktime movie to YouTube
on Mar 28, 2019 at 1:05:23 pm

Doug,

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to update everyone.

So I have good news. The issue has been resolved...by itself.

However I still don't know what went wrong in the first place or why it was fixed.

I logged into my brand new YouTube video account a day later. (I should mention there were no videos added before my first video upload.)

I found (to my surprise) not 1. But 2 videos uploaded to my YouTube account.

They were duplicate videos.

Video one was the full video missing the graphic titles.

Video two was the full video with the graphic titles.

I simply deleted the extra video missing the graphic titles.

I uploaded a test video approximately 10 seconds in length to see if I could duplicate this issue.

There were no issues with my short test clip and I haven't had any issues since.

So to recap...the issue resolved itself.
And I'm not sure what caused the issue in the first place.

This is a strange one and still a mystery to me.

But thank for you reply Doug. I appreciate it.

-Nick Bierzonski

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]