APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Playing all clips in library or event suddenly not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Playing all clips in library or event suddenly not working
on Mar 5, 2019 at 6:24:34 am

I'm not sure what I did to 10.4.5, but now I can't playback all of the clips imported into the Event. Is there a way to get the playback to auto advance to the next clip? Now it would stop after a clip is completed. Previously, FCP 10.4.5 would auto advance to the next clip. I have hundred of clips per reel (Cinestyle) and manually advancing each one of them is just too tedious. This is a great feature for "daily" viewing of the shot footage without having to drag into the project. Worked great before when I was on location.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Playing all clips in library or event suddenly not working
on Mar 5, 2019 at 9:30:23 am

Hi James,

Continuous playback won't work if Loop playback is enabled. So the first thing you might try is to toggle CMD+L to make sure that Loop playback is off.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
on Mar 5, 2019 at 6:55:24 pm

Loop playback is OFF and it would not auto advance to next clip. I selected all clips in the event and that still would not get the auto advance to work. It would stop at the last clip. The only thing I did was trash the preference last week because one of the libraries wouldn't open. Still, I think trashing the preference reset everything back to defaults. And auto advance is the default.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Mar 5, 2019 at 8:35:36 pm

[Sam Lee] "Loop playback is OFF and it would not auto advance to next clip. "

Do you have "View>Browser>Continuous Playback" enabled?

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
on Mar 5, 2019 at 9:09:41 pm

Continuous Playback was not enabled. When enabled, it's working again. Thanks for the tip. This little feature is a huge time saver for dailies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]