APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Removing A Collection of Clips Without Deleting Other Things

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenny Evans
Removing A Collection of Clips Without Deleting Other Things
on Jan 8, 2019 at 11:46:17 am

One thing about the new FCPX that drives me nuts is that if you want to go in and delete a bunch of clips, it's not that obvious or easy because of the way certain things link themselves to other things. In this example I have a load of small 1m segments that are topped and tailed and I want to remove all of that and put all the segments end to end.

If I go in and select and delete the clips, it takes away certain audio as well, and even then I have to carefully look, often by enlarging the screen with the accessibility tool to see what is and ins't connected. In the old days I would simply razorblade ALL in the timeline and it would get rid of everything I wanted without inadvertently removing bits I need.

So what is the official way to do this kind of an edit in the new FCPX? I can't use compound clips BTW as there are too may overlapping bits of media I need access to.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Removing A Collection of Clips Without Deleting Other Things
on Jan 11, 2019 at 5:21:28 pm

[Kenny Evans] "So what is the official way to do this kind of an edit in the new FCPX?"

Erm… new FCPX? It's been that way since day one.

Simply hold the "~" key (assuming you're on a U.S. keyboard) when deleting, to temporarily override all connections. Done.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]