APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Clips in my Timeline have disappeared but not in my Viewer or Inspector

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Campbell
Clips in my Timeline have disappeared but not in my Viewer or Inspector
on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:24:10 am

Hello Creative Cow Community,

The subject line basically says it all. A group of clips in my timeline seem to have vanished yet when I play the project it plays as if the clips are still there. I have no idea how this happened or why, it just did. Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chris Campbell
Re: Clips in my Timeline have disappeared but not in my Viewer or Inspector
on Dec 5, 2018 at 9:08:17 pm

To add more information, all the tags still exist in the index in the proper places but not the clips. Also deleting the preferences did nothing.

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
Re: Clips in my Timeline have disappeared but not in my Viewer or Inspector
on Dec 6, 2018 at 1:35:30 pm

Sounds very odd to me as well--haven't encountered before. If the clips otherwise seem to be there, but just an empty black box in the timeline, try deleting all of the renders as well. Maybe even Optimized and Proxy media. Also, see if toggling from Better Quality to Better Performance to Proxy to Better Quality, etc. does the trick to sort of kick things in the pants and refresh the views.

Deleting Preferences is a solid troubleshooting technique, as is rebooting the machine (do it cold, not hot--meaning total shutdown let it sit for a minute or two; I know, sounds like archaic, old-school, irrelevant instructions, but it brings me piece of mind that a hot reboot doesn't when the system seems to burp somewhere--can't hurt :-).

If behavior remains, try duplicating the Project or pulling something forward from one of the Backups pre-problem. Maybe there's an effect hanging things up.

Anyway, a few extra knobs and switches to fiddle with. Definitely disconcerting to have empty boxes that otherwise work.

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]