APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

So how is 10.4.4 working for you?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
So how is 10.4.4 working for you?
on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:55:15 am

I decided to post and present that question in here instead of the other forum. How is everything working for you? The extensions and batch export feature are of interest as well as the compare feature for color grading. Do you see this as a roadmap for additional collaborative features going forward? Outside of improved keyframing capabilities what would you like to see? Please keep it related to Final Cut Pro X. 😉 Motion and Compressor are fine to discuss as well.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: So how is 10.4.4 working for you?
on Nov 19, 2018 at 1:39:57 pm

I have not tested this feature out personally yet, but an interesting thing struck me in watching some of the videos. A frequent client request is to get full resolution frame grabs from a sequence (project). There is now an easy way to do this with the comparison view. Simply grab the frames as you go. In the library package there's a "_snapshots" folder with full-res TIFFs. Now copy or move them out of the folder, rename and convert as needed, and voila, screenshots for the client. Apparently there's a 30-image limit, so if you need to pull more than 30, you'll simply have to do this 30 images at a time.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 19, 2018 at 1:51:02 pm

[David Mathis] "what would you like to see?"
(speaking of keyframing) Built in tracker.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 19, 2018 at 4:10:09 pm

Have just played a bit with it so far. Does it feel like Motion integration is coming soon?

sw

Scott Witthaus
Visual Storyteller - FCPX, Premiere
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 19, 2018 at 8:17:11 pm

Really liking the comparison viewer....

Scott Witthaus
Visual Storyteller - FCPX, Premiere
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Jan 6, 2019 at 10:33:02 pm

Hopefully this is the right thread to mention a couple of bugs that are annoying me.

First, the colour choice palette. I used to have some often used colours laid out a ceratin way in the the little palette boxes. Now, colours shift along (a bit like the primary timeline), so they all fill up from the start. It's only a small issue, but I was really used to picking a particular orange in the bottom right box, and now it's mixed in with similar colours, having moved.

Second, and much more annoying - on export, once I've filled in a title, description and tags for my default 1080 export of a project, if I tweak the edit and re-export, I used to have all that stuff still filled in. Since upgrading to 10.4.4 (I skipped a couple of upgrades, so this may have happened in an earlier version too), I find that after my tweaks, when I go to export, it's gone back to the project name (rather than my chosen export name), and the tags and description are the default stuff. This is a real pain as sometimes I fill in a decent lengthy description ready for posting etc. Now I have to keep anything I create as a separate text file.

Is anybody else recognising these issues?

On the plus side, am loving the comparison viewer, yes.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jan 8, 2019 at 5:44:11 pm

I haven't updated due to workload.

I have this bug that drives me crazy.
When selecting a clip in the PROGRAM (timeline, using a dual screen), once I travel to the INSPECTOR, the selected item defaults to the item selected in the LIBRARY.
This happens once I click on an attribute/tab.
I tried double-clicking and still, this is persistent,
Happens almost everytime.
One of those bugs I forget to bitch about :P

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:57:35 pm

[Rikki Blow] " I find that after my tweaks, when I go to export, it's gone back to the project name (rather than my chosen export name), and the tags and description are the default stuff. This is a real pain as sometimes I fill in a decent lengthy description ready for posting etc. Now I have to keep anything I create as a separate text file."

If you select your project in the browser, go to the Share tab of the inspector, and make your edits there, they should remain persistent. I had to break myself of the habit of changing things in the first pane of the Export dialog, because version numbers and edit-specific notes would persist through subsequent revisions and I'd sometimes forget to change them again.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Jan 9, 2019 at 1:35:26 am

10.4.4 has been good here. I would like to see the ability to drag and drop key word names in the event browser into an order I determine as opposed to the default ( and only sorting method).

I'm liking the workflow enhancements - Frame IO and Simon Says so far.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Jan 9, 2019 at 6:19:30 pm

Thanks Doug. I'd forgotten all about the share/info page, and that sorts out the issue perfectly. I don't know the reasoning behind Apple changing the export dialogue page so it no longer keeps info, but I can see from what you say that it's good to have both possibilities depending on your workflow, so thanks for clarifying the current difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]