This is a weird one- I started a library & project on one drive, media was external to the library. I moved library and media over to another computer and its RAID. When I opened the library on the 2nd computer I had to re- link the files because X didn't know where they were. Ok fine did that.
Now I am working on the 2nd computer and I notice in the inspector that my optimized original media is actually 960x540 - In other words proxy not 1920x 1080 which is what the original files were . I don't know if I BF'ed ( brain farted) when relinking or what. The forensics team will figure that out eventually, What I want to know is how can I re-link my clips to original media so I have both he proxy and original media linked in the library?
I’m not sure “I” worked it out, maybe X did with some nudging..
I quit the project on computer& Raid #2 and opened original project on Raid #1. That project appeared as expected with both original and proxy media linked up .
THen back to Raid #2 with the copied library and external media folder. With that Library open I grab one clip in the Browser and relink link the clip to the original media folder and the relink works. I grab 6 more clips and relink to original media and that works. So I grab the rest of the clips, numbering about 180 and relink with success.
Switched to proxy view and basically did the same thing with success. And so now the Library on Raid 2 with the external media works as expected.
I’m not sure the actions I took made any sense in terms of solving the problem, but maybe it gave X a nudge in the right direction and it healed itself.